Yes, you may do so. You may, instead of lodging an appeal against an adverse decision, submit a fresh application. However, you must be prepared to submit new evidence which was not originally provided in your previous application. If you provide the same set of documents or fail to provide new evidence, there is little chance that your new application will succeed. If you decide to make a new application, you must complete a new visa application form, pay visa fee and submit yourself before the consulate for a personal interview.