A foreign national, including the spouse of a Ghanaian citizen may apply for an Indefinite Residence Status provided they can satisfy certain requirements under Ghana’s immigration laws. A person with an indefinite residence status is entitled to remain indefinitely in Ghana, enter Ghana without a visa and to work in Ghana either as a self-employed or as an employee without a work permit.