EB1B Visa in Ghana

EB1B Visa In Ghana

What is an EB1B visa?

The EB1B visa in Ghana is the employment based immigrant visa classification for persons who have demonstrated outstanding internationally recognised academic work as professors and researchers. To be eligible, the applicant must be the beneficiary of an approved petition by an employer affirming that the applicant has been offered a permanent job and will continue to work in the same endeavour.

How does one qualify as outstanding professor or researcher?

To be eligible as an outstanding professor or researcher, you must be able to demonstrate these 3 requirements:

  • You must be recognized internationally as outstanding in a specific academic area;
  • You must have at least three years of experience in teaching or research in the academic area; and
  • You must have the required offer of employment.

What evidence must I provide to show that I have outstanding achievement?

Department Regulations provide the evidence required in submitting a petition for classification as an outstanding professor or researcher. Such evidence must include evidence of international recognition as outstanding in the specific academic area. Generally, this evidence must consist of at least 2 of the following 6 criteria:

  • Documentation of receipt of major international prizes or awards for outstanding achievement in the academic area;
  • Documentation of the alien’s membership in associations in the academic field, which require outstanding achievements of their members;
  • Published material in professional publications written by others about the alien’s work;
  • Evidence of participation on a panel, or individually, as the judge of the work of others in the same, or an allied, academic field;
  • Evidence of original scientific or scholarly research contributions; or
  • Evidence of authorship of scholarly books or articles (in scholarly journals with international circulation) in the academic field.

If you are unable to provide evidence that readily apply to the above standards, you may submit comparable evidence to establish your eligibility.

Do I need to show labor certification or a job offer?

If you are entering the United States as an outstanding researcher or professor, you do not require labor certification. However, you must submit a letter from a U.S. university or institution of higher learning offering you a tenured or tenure-track teaching or research position in the academic field.

In the alternative, you may submit evidence of a Department, division, or institute of a private or non-profit employer offering you a comparable research position in the academic field. The department must demonstrate that it employs at least three persons full-time in research positions, and that it has achieved documented accomplishments in the academic field.

Can my spouse and children join me in the United States?

Yes. Provided the relationship existed at the time of your admission into the United States, your spouse or child will be entitled to derivative status and may accompany or follow to join you. If you acquired your spouse or child subsequent to your admission, they will not be entitled to derivative status and can therefore not accompany or follow to join you.

U.S. employment and work visa services In Ghana

Do You Need Help?

Our legal experts are ready to provide answers and solutions to your questions about immigration, visa related issues, family and matrimonial issues, and Ghana residence issues.

Complete the form below to request a text back from our legal experts.

Scroll to Top