Indefinite Residence or Permanent Residence in Ghana

Indefinite Residence In Ghana.

Ghana Residence Permit

Indefinite Residence or Permanent Residence may be granted to a foreign national to remain in Ghana for an indefinite period.

Indefinite Residence also allows a person to enter and leave Ghana without limitation and to engage in work either as a self-employed or an employee without the need to obtain a work permit.

Persons who are eligible for Indefinite Residence may apply for their spouses and dependents under the same category.

One of the key requirements for the grant of an Indefinite Residence is the minimum residency requirement. The applicant must have resided in Ghana for a certain number of years before they are eligible to apply. They must also satisfy the Minister that they are capable of making a substantial contribution to development of Ghana.

A foreign national who is married to a Ghanaian may be eligible for Indefinite Residence under a more benevolent eligibility requirements.

Significantly, they may be eligible to apply if they have resided in Ghana for a relatively shorter period of time as opposed to the standard Indefinite Residence Status. In addition, they need not show that they are capable of making a substantial contribution to development of Ghana.

We are able to assess the eligibility requirements for the permit, advise on relevant supporting documentation, complete relevant application forms, draft and review supporting letters in support of the application, and to engage with the GIS officials to ensure that application is processed within time.

Ghana immigration services

Do You Need Help?

Our legal experts are ready to provide answers and solutions to your questions about immigration, visa related issues, family and matrimonial issues, and Ghana residence issues.

Complete the form below to request a text back from our legal experts.

Scroll to Top